Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Prayer Service! good?bad? PART 2

So I made my way down to the steps of the Cathedral Basilica to attend the Prayer Service.

Why did I go?

I was very hesitant to go because I felt it was a guise for a public protest. Indeed, as I approached there many people whom I know to have a history of being against the NCW. There was a good showing of those same people who stood outside holding signs against the NCW back when the Archdiocese celebrated its jubilee. There was only one sign that was lifted up on a truck and was parked directly in front of the Cathedral. This was the only sign of ugliness.

I showed up to join in prayer with other Catholics. I believe that Prayer should have been the response since the beginning of this whole drama. Although I disagree with the public display of this prayer service I saw beyond the environment. I had hoped that the weather would have pushed the gathering inside the Cathedral.

Where do we go from here?

We continue to pray. We continue to support the Archbishop in his decisions. We stay away from other blogs that only have one agenda and that is to rid the church of Archbishop Anthony. A non-catholic radio host said earlier this afternoon that our approach to "building bridges" must be carefully scrutinized or it may in turn cause more division, Catholic against Catholic. He went on to mention that we must respect each ones choices in how they choose to approach their Catholic Faith.

This radio host could not have summed it up any better.

good?bad?

Everything that we are experiencing is definitely GOOD. Our faith needs this. The persecution, hate, animosity, division. These are all things that can only make us stronger. As with the recent gospel on the parable of the wheat and weeds, the two were allowed to grow together. The sower could have easily uprooted the weeds but he was instructed not to. If he did so, he could have uprooted the wheat along with the weeds. Why does God allow this to happen? Why does God allow us to experience sin and suffering? This is has always been the lie of the devil. We must always remind ourselves that God promised to be with us always, to the end of time. This is what we must hold fast to.





No comments:

Post a Comment