Sunday, July 13, 2014

Lie #2 - "Everything the community uses needs to be purchased from Kiko"

This is one of the most desperate lies that I have heard. Dont get me wrong, before I began walking in a community I thought it was true.

But here is a run down of some things that I have purchased and where I made the purchase.

Item 1 - Classical Guitar purchased for $95 at Town House Music Store
Item 2 - A 15x10 ft Red Area Rug purchased for $250 at the Navy Exchange
Item 3 - Wooden Podium purchased the wood and nails at Home Depot
Item 4 - Altar Linen Covers purchased for $4.95 per yard at the Fabric Mart
Item 5 - Icon of the Blessed Mother color copied at Copy Express
Item 6 - Processional Cross purchased for $200 from Manila Religious Company

I listed these items to show that majority of the things we use in the community are not purchased directly from Kiko Arguello. Actually, none of the items are directly from him. There are European stores that sale most of the items, but this would be costly to ship to Guam.

Kiko Arguello has shared his views on the aesthetics of the Liturgy and It is my understanding that because of this, this is what influences the selection of certain items. I believe that this is a good thing, because not only are the aesthetics in-line with the Liturgical Practices of the Catholic Church but also that it provides a consistency that we lack in most churches today. This assures me that wherever I may attend a Celebration within the NCW, the environment or the Liturgical set up will be the same.


1 comment:

  1. All music instruments did not come from Kiko. We also use different kinds of drums and other instruments. The candle holders also do not belong to Kiko.

    ReplyDelete