Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Catechesis

As I had shared in the prior post, the catechesis that I attended seemed to be mediocre. I thought I was a higher level Catholic. I had proclaimed this because I was always "in-line" with my faith. I was faithful to most of the church teachings. I even looked forward to all the extra workshops, retreats and other activities that catered to my spiritual growth.

When I arrived home that night I could not go to sleep. I was up and about thinking to myself, "Where was I?". I felt I was still in Egypt. Then I could not help but to realize the many miracles that I had experienced in my life. I had to realize that God had already opened the Red Sea for me on many occasions. These thoughts ran through my mind the whole night and I found myself longing to return to the catechesis again. It would be a few more days before the next session and those days seemed like forever.

I made it to the next session and the next one after that...I was glued to this beginner stuff.

1 comment:

  1. I have found that the sessions of the Neocatechumenal Way's Initial Catechesis are not without some doctrinal issues. Could you respond to the issues that I have detailed here? Si Yu'os Ma'ase!

    ReplyDelete